Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
- 5 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pomegranate for garnish
- In a small saucepan, put five eggs, which should be in one layer, not mounted. Cover completely with cold water. Cover the pot.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it boils. Boil for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for 10 minutes.
- Discard water and replace it with cold water to cool and stop the cooking.
- Once cool, beat with a spoon, crack the egg and peel all the skin from the eggs.
- Cut in half and scoop each egg yolk onto a plate.
- Place the egg whites cooked in the dish where they will be served.
- Cut the avocado in half, discard the pit, and mix the avocado with the egg yolks. Mash with a fork and season with lemon, salt, and mayonnaise to taste.
- Pour the avocado mixture into a plastic or pastry bag with a star tip.
- Cut a corner of the plastic bag or, using the pastry bag fill the egg whites with avocado mixture and garnish with pomegranate.
- I recommend filling the egg whites just before serving. But you can keep the avocado mixture in the bag in the fridge for several hours (remember to extract all the air before closing).
This post was in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados from Mexico in 2012. All stories and opinions are only mine.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Latin Food
Keywords: Avocado deviled eggs