I love Pork Quinoa Meatballs. They are easy to make and can be very versatile. Depending on the combination of herbs and seasoning, you can give them an Asian, Latino, or Mediterranean touch. They can be cooked in a pan or baked. You can serve them with a salad, warm them in tomato sauce, and serve them with noodles or rice.
You can also include grains in them. This pork and quinoa are proof of that. They are delicious, moist, and nutritious.
I usually do the quinoa the day before for this recipe and make 1 cup (2 cups of water). Then, use half for this recipe and save the rest for another meal.
Visit our suggestion for Meal Train Ideas.Print
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 500 grams of ground pork
- 6 scallions, finely chopped white part and 2″ green part
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 425F or 210C. Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment.
- Wash the quinoa in a strainer under running water until it stops foaming. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt, stir and cook over medium-high heat. As soon as it starts boiling, lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover, and stir with a fork.
- Place the eggs, salt, oregano, and cumin in a bowl. Beat for 20 seconds with a fork, and add the ground pork and quinoa. Mix well.
- Spoon portions of the mixture and form meatballs golf ball size. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. The internal temperature must exceed 165F or 73C.
- Serve hot or warm.
The National Pork Board sponsored this recipe in 2014.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Pork Quinoa Meatballs