Pumpkin pie is a very traditional American recipe. Thanksgiving besides being the turkey day is the day of the pies, at a minimum you should have apple pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie and depending on the family chocolate or lemon too. I just made this pumpkin pie because there were not too many guests and I also had a cake.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
For a cake of 23 cm in diameter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package of pie dough or homemade
- In a bowl mix the sugar, flour, and spices.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk.
- Pour the liquid over the sugar mixture. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C.
- Line your pie pan with the dough and pre-bake for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown.
- Fill with the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.