These carrot cupcakes are a total crow pleaser. Moist and well balanced. Not too sweet.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 450 grams of grated carrot
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, rested for 10 minutes (buttermilk)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt or 1/2 of fine salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 115 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 900 grams of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.
- Put the nuts on a baking sheet in the oven and roast for 5-7 minutes, let cool.
- Grate carrots and place in a large bowl with the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and buttermilk, stir with a fork until well blended.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until you don’t see any flour. Do not over mix, add nuts and raisins and mix.
- Using a serving spoon or ice cream scoop fill the cups for cupcakes 3/4 full. Bake at 180C or 350F for 21 minutes or until a stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- With a hand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until very creamy needs to be at room temperature.
- Add the powdered sugar carefully mixing on low speed. When it’s creamy again, and all the sugar is incorporated add vanilla extract and combine well.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a big round tip and decorated away.