Finally, I get to share his recipe for No-knead country bread, I learned it in a cooking class and the truth it’s fantastic, easy and really nothing compares to homemade bread and eaten fresh, warm with butter, delicious.
Visit our collection of?Chilean recipes here.
No-knead Country bread
- 900 grams of flour
- 680 grams of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast quick rise
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- In a large (5.6 liters or more) bowl, that it can go in the fridge, gather the ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes or until well blended (see pictures). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a new shower cap. Let it rise on the counter for 2 hours in a warm place free from drafts, it will triple in size.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 7 days. It will deflate a little.
- When ready to bake bread, remove the dough to a floured counter and divide by 2. With floured hands shape them gently into rolls. Don’t knead, just roll to the desired shape.
- Place on parchment paper or greased tin. Let rise on the counter for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F or 225C, this takes more than 30 minutes, so do not forget to turn on the oven with enough anticipation.
- Boil water and have on hand a baking pan that can go in the oven.
- Cut bread with a sharp knife, make 3 slits.
- Open the oven, place the bread inside and the baking pan with a cup of boiling water. Close quickly and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until very golden.
- Remove and let cool at least 30 minutes for the crumb is settled.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.