At home growing up, we ate very few noodles, my mom does not like them. But when the budget is tight this is a recipe to go for. For this tortilla, I used half a pack of Capellini.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Noodle Frittata (Tortilla de Fideos)
- 400 grams of thin spaghetti cooked
- 4 eggs
- 115 grams of grated cheese
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste, cayenne pepper
- In a bowl mix the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, beat with a fork until the eggs are mixed and you can’t distinguish white and yolk. Add cheese and stir well, add the noodles and stir well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the entire mixture and compress a little. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. This ready to turn when it is almost fully cooked, keep touching the surface and you will realize when it’s cooked. Turning using a plate and cook 5-10 minute on the other side. Or finish it, in the oven with the grill (burner) for 5 minutes, keep an eye on it, the tortilla can burn quickly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.