A classic summer drink in Chile, burgundy or “borgoña” is any punch with fruit and red wine. The most popular one is with strawberries and peaches and this Strawberry Red Wine Punch.
The truth is it’s impossible not to take advantage of the incredible summer fruits in Chile, juicy and with a sweetness that I have rarely found anywhere else. These wine-based punch are delicious and are frequently enjoyed with Sunday lunch.
Fruit is very cheap in Chile, and a lot of people have access to fruit trees in backyards. I grew up in a house with avocados, cherries, peaches, walnuts and apricots trees… so spoiled!
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
A refreshing drink for hot summer afternoons.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 box of strawberries
- 2 medium ripe peaches, optional
- sugar to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or other liquor
- Peel the peaches and cut them into small pieces. Save the juices.
- Add the washed and chopped strawberries. Mix fruit and sugar (start with 2 tablespoons) before adding the wine.
- Add the wine and Cointreau, stir and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, can be up to 6 hours.
- Serve over ice.
Keywords: strawberry red wine punch, borgoña