This vegan chocolate sauce without milk or cream is perfect for drizzling over ice cream or fruit. It may also be used to prepare chocolate milk, cold or hot, is a hit at home with my kids.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan mix the cocoa, sugar, and salt, stir well until no lumps of the chocolate show.
- Add water, stir and cook over medium heat until it boils, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 3 minutes. Stirring. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla, stir.
- Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Store in the fridge for up to two months.
Recipe adapted from Where Woman Cooks.