Meatballs are a fast and simple meal to prepare. And that lends itself very well to “hide” vegetables in the sauce (zucchini and carrots are perfect if you then puree the sauce).
Tips for delicious meatballs:
What to serve with the meatballs?
In my family, they were always served with white rice or puree. None of the women in my family is a noodle lover, and they only appeared on urgent occasions. In my house in Houston, we alternate rice or noodles to accompany them. Because my husband has Italian blood and noodles are the best for him.
Can I make meatballs with other meats or flavors?
Before shaping the meatballs, you can add to the meat mixture: grated cheese, garlic, or very finely chopped onion. And you can use ground chicken, turkey, or pork. Or mixed meats.
Why are the meatballs hard on me?
This happens when the meat is handled a lot, or the meatballs are compacted too much. I recommend making the mixture by hand, not using a mixer. And shape it gently.
Other recipes popular in Chile with ground beef:
- Fricandela Chilean burger patty
- Ground beef and eggs scramble (Huevos con carne molida)
- Zucchini boats with rice and ground beef (Zapallitos rellenos con carne y arroz)
- Empanadas de Pino (Chilean ground beef empanadas)
- Pastel de choclo
- Pastel de papas
Easy Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
for 4 people
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- Mix the ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, herbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. I use gloves, and I do it with my hands. You can also use the blender with the kneading or mixing blades.
- Make meatballs the size of ping-pong balls. They will be approximately 20.
- In a large pan, heat over medium-high heat. Heat a tablespoon of oil. Place the meatballs and let brown for 3 minutes, turn and brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes more.
- Add the tomato sauce over the meatballs. Stir, lower the heat when it begins to boil, and let cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped basil if desired and serve with rice or noodles. And sprinkle with grated cheese.
Beck and Bulow
This was BY FAR THE BEST RECIPE I have come across! Wow . I have tried so many recipes and now I have found THE ONE. The only difference I made was I added grated onion (about 1/4 cup) because I didn’t have onion powder. Thanks!!! ❤️ and please visit us: https://www.beckandbulow.com
Super ricas sobretodo por el aderezo y el queso riquísimo grácias
Me alegro. Gracias por comentar.
Great presentation, as good as the dish itself!