A convenient and straightforward recipe for breakfast or, in Chile, for what we call “once.” Ground beef and eggs breakfast scramble leaves everyone happy.
Breakfast scrambles are a popular and versatile dish typically consisting of scrambled eggs cooked with various ingredients such as vegetables, meat, cheese, and herbs. They are a great way to start the day as they balance protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates.
There are countless variations of breakfast scrambles, and the ingredients you choose depend on your preferences and dietary restrictions. Add a splash of hot sauce, a dollop of sour cream, or a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese to enhance your breakfast scramble.
Breakfast scrambles are versatile and can be customized to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. We served the eggs in Chile with fresh Marraqueta, but a side of toast, English muffins, or tortillas are also welcome.
Once is a Chilean tradition that combines tea time with dinner. It usually happens between 7 and 9 pm, when families reunite after school and work. It always includes fresh bread, often bought on the way home and still warm. Once is served with classic accompaniments for bread in Chile: butter, jams, deli meats, fresh cheese, avocado, etc. It frequently includes lunch leftovers or a hot option like the recipe I’m sharing today.
The secret to a flavorful ground beef breakfast scramble is to allow the meat to brown without moving it at the beginning of cooking, and do not over-cook the eggs. So have everything ready before you start cooking. And enjoy it at breakfast or breakfast for dinner, the Chilean way.
Other recipes popular in Chile with ground beef:
- Fricandela Chilean burger patty
- Easy meatballs with tomato sauce (albóndigas de carne)
- Zucchini boats with rice and ground beef (Zapallitos rellenos con carne y arroz)
- Empanadas de Pino (Chilean ground beef empanadas)
- Pastel de choclo
- Pastel de papas
- 450 grams ground beef
- 5 eggs
- garlic, oil, salt, and pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and brown for a minute.
- Add the meat and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes without breaking it. Add salt and pepper on top.
- Flip the meat and salt and pepper on the other side, cook three more minutes. With a spatula or fork, separate the meat into small pieces and finish cooking, about three more minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the eggs.
- Stir and remove from heat before the eggs are fully cooked. They will finish cooking with the heat of the pan.
- Serve with bread.
I was asked by Carusele to participate in the #LaurasLean campaign, sponsored by Laura’s Lean. Although I have been compensated, all opinions on the recipe Ground Beef Breakfast Scramble are my own.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Scrambled egg with ground beef, Chilean eggs with meat