For many years I resisted to have a waffle maker, but a couple of years ago the “old man Pascuero” (Santa Claus in Chile) gave us one, the truth it’s a quick alternative to make a meal. To this recipe of easy whole wheat waffles, you can add cooked corn and chopped chives or other vegetables to make them salty. Or fruits (blueberries, apples in cubes, peanut butter (1/4 cup) chocolate chips (1/4 cup) for a sweet version.
They are very versatile and very well received by children. My kids dream of having the Texas waffle maker (affiliate link). Some day kids!
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Easy Whole Wheat Waffles
3 large waffles
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat the waffle maker according to the instructions.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a jug or other bowl beat the egg, milk, and butter together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet, stir until combined.
- Cook the waffles according to the instructions of the waffle maker. If you wish to keep warm, preheat the oven to 100C or 200F and keep it there, while cooking the rest.
Recipe from King Arthur Flour.