These Langostino Tails Rolls are 100% inspired by the Lobster Rolls but made with Chilean Langostino tails, our prawns that sometimes encounter here at Costco. When we went on vacation to Maine three years ago, we fell in love with this sandwich, and I wanted to recreate it at home with a Chilean ingredient. Hope you like it.
Langostino tails are usually enjoyed in Chile as an appetizer with mayonnaise and lettuce. Or in Empanadas with cheese. These are not everyday dishes en Chile. They are enjoyed on special occasions.
The kind of bread that you use is very important, needs to be soft and very fresh and don’t forget to toast it.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Langostino Tails Rolls
for 4 sandwiches
- 500 grams of cooked Langostino tails
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- finely chopped chives
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 hotdog buns
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a bowl mix the tails, small chopped celery, mayonnaise, chives, a little lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Open the hotdog buns and paint the inside with melted butter. Toast the inside only.
- Fill with shrimp mixture.
- Serve immediately.