I love chips and nachos, and this dish saves me when I do not desire to cook and eat a normal dinner. And if I have little time, I use salsa from a jar instead of making guacamole or pico de gallo sauce. As you see, you can suit your taste and available time.
Visit our recipe: Calabacitas Tacos.Print
- 1 onion, chopped into small cubes
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of black beans or pinto beans or 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup grated cheese (Monterrey Jack, quesadilla cheese)
- 1 bag of tortilla chips original flavor
- 6 tablespoons fresh salsa or pico de gallo (tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno)
- 2 medium avocados
- Preheat oven to 325F or 160C.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown the onion, occasionally stirring for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef, and cook about 5 minutes longer. If you see a lot of fat, drain before adding seasonings—season with salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Add the beans: if canned, rinse them before. Add a little hot water if necessary. Cook for 5 minutes, crushing some beans.
- In a dish, place a layer of tortilla chips, then a layer of meat with beans. A thin layer of grated cheese, repeat two more times. Finish with a layer of cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and immediately place the salsa or pico de gallo on top and chopped avocado or guacamole.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy vegetarian nachos