Versión en españolThese High Tea Cookies or Cookie Press Cookies have been my favorites since I was little, and we went out to have ice cream with my mom and grandmother. In Santiago, Chile, I recommend buying them at Tavelli or Coppelia.
They came out exquisite, just as I remembered them or better. I made the high tea cookies with this cookie press (affiliate link). For a long time, I refused to buy one, I thought they were unnecessary, but when I made these cookies, I also tried to make them with a tip, which was much, much more difficult. The cookie press won its space in the pantry and stayed at home.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Honey cookies.Print
- 2 1/4 cups (280 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup (225 grams) of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 (112 grams) cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peach marmalade
- Strawberry jam
- Powder sugar
- Melted chocolate
- grated coconut
- chopped maraschino
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Place the cookie sheets or baking sheets in the freezer.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl with the mixer on medium speed until they are creamy and pale, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated, one more minute.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture little by little, beat until everything is mixed, and stop as soon as you achieve it.
- Divide the dough into four portions, form tubes, and put them inside the press’s body. Hold the gun touching the cold cookie sheet (DO NOT grease the sheets) and shoot the cookies. Leave 1 cm between them. They don’t grow.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden edges is barely visible. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a rack and let cool completely.
- Decorate to taste. Store in airtight cans for up to 1 week or freeze for one month.
- Prep Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: High tea cookies