Sometimes, I need to bake cookies. The smell from the oven is so rich and homey. This month we’re cooking at the BRBC: Chilean cakes and sweets and rescuing old recipes. So once again, I dusted the Imperial recipe book from my grandmother, and this time I decided to bake honey cookies. Also known as Honey Lunitas (little moons).
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
Galletas de Miel Chilean Honey Cookies
- Total Time: 1 hora
- Yield: 24 1x
- 150 grams of butter at room temperature (11 tablespoons)
- 150 grams or 1 1/3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 160 grams or 1/2 cup of honey
- 250 grams or 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 150 grams or 1 cup of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons walnuts or almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Mix the granulated sugar, cinnamon, walnuts, or almonds on a plate to roll the cookies.
- Beat butter with powdered sugar until it is creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, beating well between each addition.
- Add the honey, and mix well.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- Mix well, but do not knead.
- Form balls of 1 tablespoon of dough and roll in the cinnamon, sugar, and nuts.
- Place on a buttered baking sheet, leaving at least 5 cm (1 1/2″ inch) between each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Remove with a spatula and let cool completely before storing.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Galletas de miel, Chilean Honey Cookies
Leave a Reply