I do not know how common this is now, but when we lived in Chile, a light lunch would often be Juicy Stovetop Chicken Breast with a salad. And it’s so simple to make that we eat it at least twice a month.
It may be brushed off as boring or lame. I prefer to consider it a challenge, chopped in salads with an assortment of nuts, vegetables are delicious. And with a mushroom or nuts sauce, it becomes very appealing.
Same as pan fried fish, this recipe is really pan fried chicken.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Peas and carrots chicken stew (Pollo Arvejado)
Juicy Stovetop Chicken Breast
- 2 halves chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- On a plate or roasting pan place 2 layers of paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick over medium-high heat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the halved chicken breasts on the paper and pat dry using more paper towels.
- Add oil to the hot pan, approximately 1 tablespoon. It will heat immediately.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan. They should not overlap. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Do not move. After 3 minutes, turn using a spatula, season and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Cover with a lid, lower the heat to medium, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil or a pot lid to keep them warm. Allow resting for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.