I do not know how common this is now, but when we lived in Chile, a light lunch would often be Juicy Stovetop Chicken Breast with a salad. And it’s so simple to make that we eat it at least twice a month.
It may be brushed off as boring or lame. I prefer to consider it a challenge. Chopped in salads with an assortment of nuts, vegetables are delicious. And with a mushroom or nuts sauce, it becomes very appealing.
Same as pan-fried fish, this recipe is pan-fried chicken.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Peas and carrots chicken stew (Pollo Arvejado)Print
- 2 halves of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- On a plate or roasting pan, place two layers of paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the halved chicken breasts on paper towels and pat dry using more paper towels.
- Add oil to the hot pan, approximately one tablespoon. It will heat immediately.
- Place the chicken breasts in the pan. They should not overlap—season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Do not move. After 3 minutes, turn using a spatula, season, and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover with a lid, lower the heat to medium, and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil or a pot lid to keep them warm. Allow resting for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Internacional
Keywords: pollo a la plancha, pan-fried chicken