Instead of eating potato chips or tortilla chips that I love, I have learned to eat Merken Pita Chips. I made them with whole wheat pitas and control the salt. It’s super easy and tasty. Try them.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Merken Pita Chips
for 32 chips
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon merk?n
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F or 190 C.
- Cut pitas into 8 (like pieces of pizza).
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients and mix with pieces of pita, ?stir.
- Place them on a baking sheet on a single layer, bake for 10 minutes, turn and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Serve with guacamole, hummus, etc.