Perfect recipe to bake with kids these Scones with chocolate chips. These were again a great success, in my house, they are so crazy about chocolate that they eat them with Nutella.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Scones with chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup cold whipping cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C. Prepare a baking sheet, cover with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the cream and egg, beat with a fork until thoroughly mixed, 1 minute.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, stir with a fork.
- Add the diced butter and working with 2 knives and 1 fork, mix in the butter to form coarse sand, crumbs like with different sizes, do not let them bigger than a pea.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture into the center and stir with a fork until moist. Add the chocolate chips. Finish working quickly with your hands, do not knead.
- Flour the counter and place the dough and spread with the rolling pin until it is 1-1.5 cm. thick.
- Cut with a floured glass or biscuit cutter. If you want to freeze them, place them on a plate and then, once frozen, store in a plastic bag for up to 2 months.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until well browned. Do not thaw before baking. It will take 2-4 minutes longer if frozen.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving with butter and jam
Recipe adapted and translated from Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan.