Other traditional recipes with canned tuna or mackerel:Print
- 3 medium tomatoes, ripe
- 115 grams/ 4 oz cream cheese Philadelphia type at room temperature
- 10 washed and chopped green onions thinly sliced, including some of the green parts
- 180 grams/ 6 oz of smoked salmon or leftover grilled salmon or a tuna can drained, cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons of pesto or 1/4 cup of fresh herbs chopped
- basil for garnish, optional
- Combine the softened cream cheese, pesto, and chopped green onions, mix well, and add the rough, fully chopped smoked salmon or tuna and mix well. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut them into slices discarding the ends. Place all the slices on a plate or cutting board and sprinkle with a dash of table salt. This is going to enhance the flavor of tomatoes. Only do one side.
- Assemble the stuffed tomatoes on the plate where they will serve, beginning with a slice of tomato, then about two tablespoons of the salmon mixture, and continue until having three tomato slices per person.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Starters
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Stuffed tomatoes, tomates rellenos