I have been working on these cookies for a long time after the comments left on the first recipe published in 2010 and direct evidence trying the cookies brought back for my in-laws. I leave you with the final version and very similar to the famous Whiskey Oatmeal cookies from the Tip-Top store. I think maybe have 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to give the darker color. What do you think?
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Whiskey/ Bourbon oatmeal cookies
- 125 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 120 grams
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar, 120 grams
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy or whiskey (I used Bourbon)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter and molasses and honey, mix well with a spatula or spoon (you can also do this in the microwave). Remove from heat and add the flour, sugar, ginger, salt, mix well and add the whiskey, stir well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with silicon paper or Silpat. Place 1 tablespoon of rolled dough separated by at least about 4 cm., flatten with your palm.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving or storing.