I love the Peruvian Seafood Causa, when I was in Chile obviously I went out to eat Peruvian food. This version with canned razor clams is exquisite. You can use cooked shrimp, clams or tuna.
You may also interested in the recipe: Peruvian Aji de Gallina.
Peruvian Seafood Causa
- 1 1/2 kilo of potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- yellow pepper sauce to taste or other spicy sauce like Sriracha
- lemon juice
- 1 large or 2 medium avocado
- 2 cans of cooked clams or cooked shrimp
- When the potatoes are still warm mash and mix with the oil.
- Mixed the turmeric, chili paste, lime juice, stir to dissolve turmeric.
- Add the turmeric mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix with hands until fully distributed.
- Season with more salt and pepper or lemon juice to taste.
- Cover a medium square or round pan with plastic wrap.
- Place half the potatoes seasoned press.
- Cover with the drained clams or shrimp.
- Place the avocado sliced in a layer on top of the clams.
- Finish with another layer of potatoes, press and refrigerate at least an hour before removing from pan and serve.