This Easy Milhojas Cake (no-bake) is perfect for a simple, rich, fast cake.
No-bake cakes are a dessert that doesn’t require baking in an oven. They are often simple to prepare, making them a popular choice for those who want a delicious treat without the hassle of traditional baking.
No-bake cakes are ideal for hot weather or when you’re short on time. After assembling the cake layers or components, the dessert is placed in the refrigerator to set. This chilling process allows the cake to firm up and hold its shape.
This year has been challenging. In recent months, cooking has been difficult for me… now we’re back at home (after the flooding), but we still have workers every day, and the dust is relentless, and I prefer not to cook. So, I made it ahead on Sunday for my birthday cake and went as simple as possible.
Ultimately, I decided on a classic Chilean cake: Mil Hojas or Thousand Layers, but the cheat version used crackers. I always add a little sour jam-like rhubarb, plum, or raspberry to go against the sweetness of the Dulce de Leche.
I made a cake for four this year because no party or guests are expected.
- Torta Pompadour Banana thousand layers
- Easy Pompadour with puff pastry
- Panqueque manjar nuez Dulce de leche walnut layer cake
- Traditional Milhojas Thousand layers cake
- Torta de Amapolas Poppy seed layer cake
- Torta Alfajor
- Chilean Tres leches cake
- Torta Mixta Raspberry Dulce de leche Chocolate cake
- Torta Manjar Nuez Walnut Dulce de leche cake
- 2 packages (12 oz.) of plain water crackers
- 1 can (14 oz.) Dulce de Leche, I used La Lechera
- 1 cup sour jam (plum, rhubarb, raspberry)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Warm the Dulce de leche to make it easily spreadable.
- Crush the cracker with your hands.
- Cover the bottom of a removable ring mold (6″) with plastic wrap. Put the ring and cover the bottom with a layer of crushed crackers.
- Cover with Dulce de Leche.
- Next, a layer of chopped crackers and press well.
- Repeat alternating Dulce de Leche with jam and crackers.
- Add nuts to a couple of layers if desired.
- Press well and cover with plastic wrap. Place a weight (such as a can) on the cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unmold the cake on the serving dish.
- Decorate with the walnuts left and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 44.7 g
- Sodium: 256 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 80 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: Thousand layers cake, torta mil hojas, mil hojas, chilean cuisine