Pisco sour is THE drink in Chile; it is the drink of choice both in restaurants and at family gatherings. This is the recipe we prepare at home: easy and delicious.
Here in the USA, it is increasingly easy to find pisco at liquor stores, and if you live in Texas, I recommend going to Spec’s. I love the variety of spirits and wines they offer.
This recipe is a batch version of the traditional drink. It’s essential for all the ingredients to be chill in advance, except the egg white. You can use pasteurized egg whites if that is a health concern, or leave it out. You will be missing the frothy top, but the flavor is still excellent.
This time we shared it with American friends who had never tried it and oh, boy, did they like it, remember to drink in moderation.
Besides Pisco Sour, other traditional drinks in Chile are:
- Borgoña, red wine with fruits
- Clery, white wine with fruits
- Terremoto, fizzy white wine with pineapple sorbet and grenadine
- Ponche a la Romana, champagne with pineapple sorbet
- Cola de mono, coffee eggnog for the Holidays
Quick and amazing.
- 1 cup of lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 cup of pisco
- 1 cup simple syrup (1 cup sugar + 1 cup water, cook until sugar dissolves and cool after)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 egg white
- bitter Angostura to serve
- Put it all together in the blender. Mix until everything comes together and is frothy.
- Serve immediately with a few drops of bitter.
Keywords: pisco sour, cocktails