This recipe reminds me a lot of my grandfather. He used to make some scrambled eggs with onions for breakfast, waking up the whole house with the smell of onion. And worse were other days when he also added sausage.
I love eggs with onions. They quickly make and accompany delicious French fries, sausages, or steak. Here we ate them with some frozen French fries, the ones ready to bake, and nothing else.
Eggs are a fundamental part of Chilean Onces: alone in a pan, fried, with tomato, sausage, and ham, they are all delicious possibilities. And for breakfast, warm bread, eggs by the glass, or oyster. Or the crispy Marraqueta stuffed with scrambled eggs. So many options it offers.
Other Chilean scrambled eggs recipes:
- Ground beef with scrambled eggs.
- Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and cheese.
- Longaniza (Spanish Chorizo) with scrambled eggs.
- Scrambled eggs with tomatoes.
- 1 medium to large onion chopped feather-like
- 3 – 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of butter
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and brown lightly, stirring for about 8-10 minutes. It should be soft and golden.
- Lower the heat and add the eggs, salt, and pepper, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon so that the eggs cook slowly and are not overcooked.
- Remove from the heat before the eggs are fully cooked, and let them finish cooking with the pan’s heat. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Huevos revueltos con cebolla, Scrambled eggs with onions