This recipe: Scrambled eggs with cheese is part of a compensated campaign in collaboration with the American Egg Board and #WeAllGrow Latina Network
In my family and in many Chilean homes scrambled eggs are something we eat every day, or at least every other day. My usual weekend breakfast as a child was a “marraqueta” (a kind of bread similar to french baguette) with scrambled eggs. Another classic was returning from the beach to a pan of these scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes. Made with eggs and cheese from local farms and tomatoes from the garden, for me they are insuperable.
Besides, eggs they are very nutritious, with 6 grams of protein and only 70 calories, in one large egg. Economic and delicious, versatile: the basis of simple recipes like this one and other more elaborate as cakes and desserts. I’m a total fan of eggs. October 14 is World Egg Day, add one to your lunch or dinner that day and every day.I can not resist a charquicán (potato stew) with fried egg on top.
My grandfather always had eggs for breakfast and he added whatever leftover meat, ham, onion, sausage available. The egg is a noble ingredient that goes well with everything. Now in the US is our custom on Sunday afternoon have “once” with our daughters (who were born in the USA), we often make bread at home, which in Chile is unusual, but we have adopted it in our ritual and the other thing always at the table next to bread is a skillet with scrambled eggs.
If I’m alone at lunchtime, my favorite lunch is the soft eggs or scrambled with tomato, I really love them. For more recipes visit Incredible! Egg
Scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes
- 1 chopped tomato cubes
- 60 grams or 2 ounces of cheese to melt (Havarti or muenster)
- 3-4 eggs
- bread to serve, ideally something rustic
- In a medium skillet, cook the chopped tomatoes over medium heat until all the tomato juice has evaporated, season with salt.
- Add cheese and cook 1 minute to begin to melt.
- Lower the heat and add eggs, stir slowly and take out of the flame before the eggs are ready, they will finish cooking with the residual heat.
- Serve with bread, or take out the bread crumb and fill with eggs and serve as a sandwich.
- Enjoy hot or room temperature.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of American Egg Board . The opinions and text are all mine.