Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes fascinates me, is a very popular dish in the Chilean countryside. Traditional in summer evenings always made with ripe tomatoes. When I was in Chile, last March, we ate a big skillet made with tomatoes and free-range eggs and pan amasado (Chilean Country Bread), pure bliss.
I don’t recommend doing this in winter when the tomatoes are not in season. And follow the instruction, because is very important to let the juices evaporated before adding the eggs, otherwise, the texture gets all wrong: soupy.
In Chile, this can be an everyday dinner. Love by all and serve with homemade bread or bread from the bakery.Print
A quick summer dinner in Chile.
- 2–3 large tomatoes, diced, seeded if you wish
- 5 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- bread to serve
- In a medium skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat, cook the garlic for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for 10 minutes. Until tomatoes are soft and all juices had evaporated.
- Add eggs and stir cook until eggs are almost cooked, remove from heat.
- The heat of the pan will finish cooking the eggs.
- Serve with country bread.
Keywords: Tomato and egg scrambled