You may also want to try the recipe Easy Dulce de Leche Chocoflan.Print
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
For the flan,
- 1 cup of sweetened lucuma puree or 1/4 cup of powder lucuma with 1/2 cup of granulated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- For the caramel: Place both into a very clean saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Do not stir.
Wait until it changes color to caramel. Pour into the pan and let cool.
- For the flan: Boil water for the bath.
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Beat all ingredients with a balloon whisk without incorporating too much air. Using a strainer, strain and pour over the caramel.
- Bake in a water bath (place the pudding mold inside another larger pie pan and cover halfway with boiling water)
- Bake for 45 minutes. Ensure that this is cooked by burying a knife. It should come out clean.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on the counter. Refrigerate.
- Unmold and cool and refrigerate until serving time.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Lucuma Flan