Another classic dessert with apples. Although this time I followed the suggestion of my friend Polin en la cocina for scrumptious Baked apples with Dulce de Leche, and 5 minutes before removing from the oven I add them a teaspoon of dulce de leche. They were delicious.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
A easy and delicious dessert. Serve warm or room temperature.
- 3 large apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons of dulce de leche o caramel sauce
- cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Wash and dry the apples. Cut them in half from end to end, as seen in the pictures. Remove seeds and cut the stems if desired.
- Place the apples in a square or rectangular baking dish.
- Place pieces of butter in each half apple, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 40 minutes, test if they are ready with a knife when the knife easily goes through the skin, they are ready.
- Put the dulce de leche in the center of each apple and cook 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: roasted apples, dulce de leche