I have wanted to publish a recipe for margaritas here for a long time, and since Cinco de Mayo is coming, here we go. In Texas, citrus season is superabundant and with good prices. In Chile, I used to hate grapefruit, so bitter, but pink grapefruit is delicious without bitterness and with a beautiful color. Enjoy this Pink Grapefruit Margarita.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Pink Grapefruit Margarita
for 2 people
- 90 ml tequila
- 60 ml orange liqueur like Cointreau
- 60 ml of lemon or lime juice (2)
- 180 ml pink grapefruit juice (2)
- sugar syrup or syrup, 2 tablespoons
- salt to serve
- Mix everything in the shaker. Add the syrup to taste. Test and adjust the sweetness.
- Rub the grapefruit skin around the rim of the glasses and sinks into salt.
- Fill glasses with ice and served the margarita.
Recipe adapted from blog Confections of a Foodie Bride.