We are in full pumpkin season here in the southern USA and I love to use pumpkin puree in soups, risottos and of course on sweet things like pies, pumpkin butter or Cheesecake. Here, they are a breakfast meal, but for me, they are more like a quick bread to eat with a cup of tea.
I love them with maple syrup, whipped cream, and chopped nuts as pictured. If you have never made pancakes I recommend you do, is fast and they always work.
- 1 1/ 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg, cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt, stir a few times with a fork.
- In another bowl mix milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and sugar. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and stir just enough to mix the two and get a heavy batter.
- Heat a griddle. Little oiled.
- Place 1/2 cup batter and let cook a couple of minutes, they are ready to flip when you start seeing bubbles burst on the surface. Flip and finish cooking. They should be golden.
- Serve with butter, whipped cream, maple syrup, ice cream to your liking.