I want to dedicate this recipe to our best friends, soon to be ten years that we met and have been through many joys and sorrows together. They are immigrants like us, but Mexicans. Our children have grown up together. I love you, friends.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Veggie Sweet Potato Tacos
- 1 medium onion or 2 bunches of green onions, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked cubed
- 1 tray of mushrooms, 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1 large diced avocado
- crumbled Cotija cheese
- Valentina sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat one tablespoon of oil, fry the onion for 5 minutes until translucent. Add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Add mushrooms leave to brown for 2 minutes per side. (if using spinach or Swiss chard add it now). Add the cooked potatoes and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Stir gently to avoid crushing the potatoes. Taste and season to taste.
- In the meantime heat the tortillas in a skillet, brown slightly. Keep warm wrapped in clean cloth.
- Chop the avocado into small cubes, add salt.
- Crumble the cheese.
- Assemble the tacos by placing two tablespoons of the filling on each tortilla, avocado, cheese, and salsa Valentina.
- Serve immediately.