These street-style sweet potato tacos will take you right down to Mexico. You must use corn tortillas.
Visit our collection of Mexican recipes here.Print
- 1 medium onion or 2 bunches of green onions, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked cubed
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1 large diced avocado
- crumbled Cotija cheese
- Valentina sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat one tablespoon of oil, and fry the onion for 5 minutes until translucent. Add salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and brown for 2 minutes per side. (if using spinach or Swiss chard, add it now). Add the cooked potatoes and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Stir gently to avoid crushing the potatoes. Taste and season to taste.
- In the meantime, heat the tortillas in a skillet, and brown them slightly. Keep warm and wrap them in a clean cloth.
- Chop the avocado into small cubes, and add salt.
- Crumble the cheese.
- Assemble the tacos by placing two tablespoons of the filling on each tortilla, avocado, cheese, and salsa Valentina.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutos
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: sweet potato tacos