This Walnut Chocolate Kuchen has been on the blog since 2008, but without photos, so I think nobody has done it besides me.
Last weekend we were invited to a small reunion, and I wanted to bring something easy to eat without a plate and sweet, this kuchen is perfect. I organized myself, and I took pictures. Everyone loved it, and it was all gone when we left the party — total success.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Chocolate Apple Kuchen.Print
For the dough,
- 115 grams of butter without salt
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 50 grams of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the filling,
- 150 grams of chopped walnuts
- 100 grams of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (397 grams) of condensed milk
- 25 grams of butter
- Make the dough: Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
- Prepare a round or square 20 × 20 cm baking pan, and cover the bottom with parchment paper or aluminum paper to make it easy to unmold.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with a fork until creamy. Add the sugar and continue beating. Add the egg and beat well until it is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix at the beginning with the fork and then with the hands to form a soft dough.
- Move the mixture into the pan and spread with wet fingers. Form an even layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Make the filling: Place the nuts and butter in a small pot over low heat. Once the butter is melted, add condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- Cook until the chocolate is melted. Pour the mixture of chocolate and nuts over the freshly baked dough and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove the foil. Bake uncovered for 10-13 more minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack, and refrigerate before cutting and serving. Serve at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Walnut Chocolate Kuchen, Chocolate Kuchen,