I made this Dulce de Leche Pound Cake for a school event; they always organize “cakewalks” at the festivals to collect money for the PTO. Cakes are donated. It is such a simple game but super popular!
The flavor of this pound cake is not overwhelming. When one is told it is a Dulce de Leche pound cake, it is evident that that is the flavor, but if one does not know, it is difficult to guess. It is very fluffy, we like it a lot, and I will do it again.
I’m also sharing a version with a cream cheese center that looks beautiful and is very rich. The contrast is interesting.Print
Dulce de Leche Pound Cake
An easy-to-make and different pound cake.
- Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 180 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Dulce de Leche or 140 grams
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- In a large bowl with the mixer at medium speed, mix butter, Dulce de Leche, and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla, beat until incorporated, and add the eggs one by one beating well in between until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and beat at low speed until just mixed.
- Pour into the buttered pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a stick comes out clean. Allow cooling for at least 20 minutes in the pan. Unmold, let cool completely, cut, and serve.
Variation with cream cheese,
- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and milk until a thick paste.
Place 1/3 of the cake mixture on the cake pan. Add half of the cream cheese mixture, another 1/3 of the batter, and the rest of the cream cheese, and finish with the mixture. With a knife, create some waves.
Bake for 60-65 minutes until golden brown, and when a stick is buried in the center, it comes out clean.
Allow cooling completely before unmolding, cutting, and serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Dulce de Leche Pound Cake
I simply wanted to say thanks again. I’m not certain what I would have worked on in the absence of these smart ideas shown by you regarding this subject matter. Completely was a intimidating dilemma in my circumstances, nevertheless noticing a skilled approach you handled that made me to weep for happiness. Now i’m happier for the work and even wish you find out what a great job that you’re doing instructing the others with the aid of your website. More than likely you haven’t encountered any of us.
Glad it was good!