Canapés are a must at the end of year celebrations in Chile, especially for New Year, my family always had canapés and sweet treats to toast to the New Year. One of our favorites are the ones made with this Hard-Boiled Egg Hearts of Palm Spread or dip.
This spread with hearts of palm and eggs is rich and easy to make. This spread can be made without the eggs, using cream cheese and palm hearts, chives. You could easily use it on fingers sandwichs. Remember to always keep refrigerated.
Another common use of this spread in Chile is filling a ham roll or on top of half an avocado. Both are common first courses in Chile.
Hard-Boiled Egg Hearts of Palm Spread
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 can (400 grams) of palm hearts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- chopped chives
- Mashed the hard-boiled eggs with a fork.
- Finely chop the palm hearts, but do not puree them in the food processor.
- Mix everything and season well.
- Fill cocktail bread with the mixture or place it on bread cut into circles as shown in the picture.