My mom, for a while, made cocktail food for her friends. I used to help with canapés, filling cookies with jam or dulce de leche, and of course, making this classic Chilean appetizer in puff pastry cups … in fact, we once bought a new brand. After filling them, we realized that the dough was sweet, the most disgusting thing ever. Luckily, it did not leave the house.
My mom did: mushrooms, shrimp, leeks, and peppers. All these fillings are based on a thick white sauce with parmesan cheese. You can mix and play.
See more Langostino recipes here.Print
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, and nutmeg
- 1 cup thawed cooked langostinos
- 25 puff pastry or phyllo-cooked cups
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add the flour. Stir well for 1 minute with a round whisk. Reduce heat to low, add the milk gradually, and always mix to form the sauce. Raise the heat to medium and continue stirring until it boils.
- Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese, pepper, and nutmeg. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the langostinos and stir well.
- Fill the cups and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Broil in the oven just before serving.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Langostino tails, Langostino Appetizer Cups, Chilean Langostinos