Swiss Chard salad is one of the most popular salads in Chile. Swiss chard is easy to grow, quick to cook, cheap, and available year-round, a permanent favorite of any mom. Here in the USA, I’m shocked at how expensive it is. N am growing it myself, and I encourage you to do the same!
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
Ensalada de Acelgas Swiss Chard Salad
A popular salad in Chile.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard (any color)
- salt, oil, white wine vinegar
- pepper optional
- Wash the chard, cut the stems and chop into slices.
- Place in a pan with a lid. There is no need to dry the chard; the same water will help to make steam—season with salt.
- Place over medium-high covered, stirring occasionally—Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked and wilded look. Take off the heat immediately.
- Dress while hot with vinegar, oil, and pepper. Adjust salt to taste.
- Toss and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Sautéed
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: chard salad, chilean cuisine, greens, quick, easy
Pilar is “Chard” the actual Spinash? Or is another vegie.
Es la acelga.