The Chilean sandwich and Completos are part of the essence of the food culture. Chilean Completos can be a quick lunch, a big snack, or the centerpiece of a party with friends.
In addition, Completos have their own vocabulary to describe popular topping combinations:
Which one do you prefer?
If you are invited to a birthday party, and someone says Completada expect to have all the ingredients on the table, and each person does their own. Seconds are allowed.Print
A Chilean classic for lunch or parties.
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 hot dog sausages cooked in water, and warm
- 1 large avocado ground, and seasoned with salt
- 1/2 chopped onion in small squares or Chilean Salsa verde
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into small squares and seasoned with salt, drained
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard
- Heat the buns in the toaster if you like them crispy or wrapped in aluminum foil in the oven if you like them soft.
- Cut the onion, an hour before and let it stand in boiling water with sugar to make it softer, wash with cold water, and strain before serving. Or prepared the Chilean Salsa Verde.
- Put together the hotdogs, I usually put the mayonnaise, then the sausage, the tomato, the sauerkraut, the avocado, and the salsas.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Chilean Completos, Chilean hot dog