Churrasco sandwiches are popular in Latinamerica. You can expect delicious hearty bread (think more baguette roll than brioche) and thin steaks perfectly cook. Other fillings vary by country and restaurant.
My heart is permanently divided between the beef Churrasco Sandwich or the version with pork, The Lomito. the solution is an easy one, always to go accompanied to eat and share half and half, but when making them at home, what to do? I still don’t know….
Sandwiches are so rooted in our Chilean culture that I do not even remember when it was the first time I tried one. And the truth is that before coming to the United States, I always ate them at coffee shops and restaurants, never when visiting with friends or made by my family. Completos, the Chilean hotdogs, are more frequently a homemade affair.
During my college years, it was my preferred choice for lunch, before or after a hard test. I love them so much.
In Argentina, Churrasco sandwiches are usually topped with chimichurri sauce.
Other Churrasco Sandwiches combinations popular in Chile:
- Chemilico (Churrasco, caramelized onion, and sunny side egg).
- Chacarero (Churrasco, tomato and green beans).
- Barros Luco (Churrasco and melted cheese).
- Churrasco con ensalada chilena (tomato, onions).
Churrasco, Chilean Recipe
A fantastic Chilean sandwich.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 400 grams or 1 lb. top sirloin thinly sliced at room temperature
- 2 avocados
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 buns (I use Pain u Lait from WholeFoods or similar)
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices. Season with salt on both sides.
- Mash the avocados and add salt. Stir and taste.
- Lightly toast the bread, and cut it in half.
- Season the meat.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each half of the bread.
- Build the sandwich with half the meat, tomato, and avocado. Close and serve with lots of napkins.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: churrasco sandwich, chilean cuisine
Easy, quick, and delicious. Thanks!
Welcome to the blog!
This only makes two?
Yes, these replace a meal in Chile, they are big. You could make them smaller or increase the recipe and make more.