My heart is permanently divided between the beef Churrasco Sandwich or the version with pork The Lomito. the solution is an easy one, to always go accompanied to eat and share half and half, but when do at home, what to do? I still don’t know….
Sandwiches are so rooted in our Chilean culture that I do not even remember when was the first time I tried one. And the truth is that before coming to the United States I always ate them at coffee shops and restaurants, never when visiting with friends or made by my family.
During my college years, it was my preferred choice for lunch, before or after a hard test. I love them so much.
VISIT ALSO: TRADITIONAL CHILEAN RECIPESPrint
A fantastic Chilean sandwich.
- 400 grams or 1 lb. top sirloin thinly sliced at room temperature post
- 2 avocados
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 buns (I use Pain u Lait from WholeFoods or similar)
- Cut the tomatoes into thick slices. Season with salt on both sides.
- Mash the avocados and add salt. Stir and taste.
- Lightly toast the bread, cut in half.
- Season the meat.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook for 1-2 minutes so that they brown on both sides.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each half of bread.
- Place bread on the basis: half the meat, tomato and avocado on top. Close and serve with lots of napkins.
Keywords: churrasco sandwich, chilean cuisine