What better way to inaugurate the grilling season than with deliciously grilled seafood tacos?
I bought tortillas that I know are perfect on the grill, a rich Pico de gallo with mango, Mexican queso fresco, and cilantro, and we were ready for grilled seafood tacos. Serve with some delicious corn on the cob.
And for those who do not eat Pico de Gallo, I made an aluminum pocket with onions and peppers. Remember to season and add oil before wrapping. So there was the option of grilled seafood fajitas.
You may also be interested in this recipe: Shrimp skewers or Calabacitas Tacos.Print
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1/2 pound of scallops
- 2 tablespoons of oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground Ancho chile, use chipotle if you like it spicy
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 tortillas
- Pico de gallo with mango if you like
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Heat the salt slab according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Or the grill.
- Clean the shrimp by cutting the shell with a knife and removing the thread from the head to the shrimp’s tail and the whole shell.
- Mix the butter or oil with the Ancho and cumin, and stir.
- Place the shrimp and scallops on the slab. Brush with spiced oil. Flip the shrimp after one minute or when it looks pink. For the scallops, cook 2 minutes per side for the medium size. If they are bigger, 3 minutes per side.
- Heat the tortillas on the grill. Cut pieces of foil.
- Place the tortilla on the foil, place the shrimp and cooked scallops, and a tablespoon of pico de gallo with mango, queso fresco, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately or keep warm.
This recipe was sponsored by HEB in 2017.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: grilled seafood tacos, grilled shrimp tacos, grilled scallops tacos