This recipe brings me so many memories, is such a Chilean classic. At my grandmother and my aunt lunch always included a starter dish, during the summer generally based on vegetables: stuffed tomatoes, avocados or beets on a bed of lettuce, a salad, or ham rolls. In winter soups, hearty soups.
Actually, it is a very good idea to make sure the family eats vegetables … because it is not the same to just put a salad on the table … I had never thought about this before. What do you think?
Visit our collection of Chilean starters here.Print
- 8 slices of cooked ham
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- 1 tomato or roasted pepper finely chopped
- mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- dressed chopped lettuce
- oil, salt, and pepper
- Cook eggs, cover with cold water, cook over medium-high heat when it boils cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and leave covered for 10 minutes, drain and cover with cold water. Peel the eggs.
- On a plate grind the boiled eggs and add the chopped tomato or pepper, a spoonful of mayonnaise and stir well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the lettuce.
- Make the ham rolls fill using boiled eggs mix.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Starters
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Rollitos de jamón, ham rolls