You can serve this Fancy Rice Salad as a starter or as part of a buffet during the holidays, it can be adapted to taste with the vegetables you have at home. You can replace the beetroot with chopped tomatoes, add peas or peppers, or corn to replace the green beans green. All variations that I love.
Visit our collection of Chilean rice recipes here.Print
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes and cooked (2 minutes in the microwave)
- 1 stick of celery chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 diced cooked beets into wedges
- 1 cup cooked green beans dressed
- pound cake mold
- mayonnaise to decorate
- Cover the pound cake mold with plastic wrap, leaving some hanging on the edge to close.
- Mix rice, celery, and chopped carrots in a large bowl, stir well and add the mayonnaise. Mix well and taste. Adjust the seasoning.
- To assemble the salad, place half-seasoned rice in the pan, pressing with a spoon to compact well.
- Place the green beans on a layer.
- Then the rest of the rice is pressed and compacted well.
- Place beets layer, cover with plastic wrap, and place a weight on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, open the plastic wrap and turn on the plate where it will be served. Remove the plastic wrap and garnish with mayonnaise and vegetables to taste.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Arroz frío amoldado, molded rice salad