You can serve this Fancy Rice Salad as a starter or as part of a buffet during the holidays, can be adapted to taste with the vegetables you have at home, you can replace the beetroot with chopped tomatoes, add peas or peppers or corn to replace the green beans green. All variations that I love.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Fancy Rice Salad
for 8 people
- 4 cup cooked rice
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes and cooked (2 minutes in the microwave)
- 1 stick of celery chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 diced cooked beets into wedges
- 1 cup cooked green beans dressed
- pound cake mold
- mayonnaise to decorate
- Cover the pound cake mold with plastic wrap, leaving some hanging on edge to close.
- In a large bowl combine rice, celery and chopped carrots, stir well, add the mayonnaise. Mix well and taste, adjust the seasoning.
- To assemble the salad place half seasoned rice in the pan, pressing with a spoon to compact well.
- Place the green beans on a layer.
- Then the rest of the rice, pressing and compacting well.
- Place beets layer, cover with plastic wrap and place a weight on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, open the plastic wrap, turning on the plate where it will be served. Remove the plastic wrap and garnish with mayonnaise and vegetables to taste.