I love tortillas are easy to make, cheap, and have a different way of eating many vegetables. This Spinach and Kale Tortilla is all of that. You can serve them with rice, baked potatoes, or some protein: salmon, steak, grilled chicken, etc. If you have any leftover tomato sauce, you can spoon some on top of the tortilla—a timeless classic in Chilean homes.
Chileans are in love with vegetable tortillas, and this Spinach and Kale Tortilla is no exception. A welcome side to any meat or as a main dish.
Visit our collection of Chilean Vegetables here.Print
- 2 bags of spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- salt, pepper, oil
- Wash the spinach and let drain. Cook for 3 minutes on high power in the microwave. Drain water if need it. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Pour over the cooked spinach and stir.
- Heat a medium skillet with one tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Pour the spinach with the egg into the pan and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the center is cooked.
- Turn the tortilla using a plate and cook the other side for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot or warm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutos
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Tortilla de espinacas, Chilean Spinach Frittata