A classic recipe, modernized. The Strawberry Bavarois is a very common dessert in Chilean houses. In this recipe, instead of using strawberry gelatine, I use real strawberries and unflavored gelatin. As the sweetness of the fruit varies, I recommend you try the mixture before adding the gelatin to verify that it is the appropriate flavor.
The key so that it does not separate, is to beat and incorporate the gelatine very well, in this case first in the blender and then with the mixer. You can use the same amount of other fruit: such as mango, raspberry, blackberry, peaches, whatever your favorite.
In some Chilean families, the Strawberry Bavarois is made with condensed milk, I’m sure it’s delicious too, but I prefer to control the sugar. This dessert belongs to the family of Chilean desserts with evaporated milk such as Lemon Foam and Manjarate or Dulce de Leche Mousse.
Bavarois are summer desserts, they are served cold. You can serve them with fresh fruit, the same one that you used on the mix or a totally different one. I love serving this Strawberry Bavarois with mango.
Updated recipe with new photos in June 2019, originally published on August 2014.Print
An easy and summery Chilean dessert.
- 454 grams of strawberries, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 jar of evaporated milk (refrigerate the night before)
- Blend the strawberries and sugar. Process until you have a fine puree.
- Pour the cold water over the gelatin and stir, let stand 2 minutes and heat in a small pot or in the microwave until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Beat the evaporated milk until it triples its size at maximum speed, 3-5 minutes. With the blender running slowly add the dissolved gelatin.
- With the blender on medium speed, pour the strawberry puree slowly and continue beating until fully incorporated. Pour into the triffle or cups to serve. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
It can be made in a mold, if it is not special plastic for bavarois, you must oil the mold before putting the mixture. To unmold submerge the mold in hot water for 2-3 minutes and invert to a plate. Refrigerate.
Keywords: strawberry dessert, strawberry bavarois