I love creams of vegetables, especially without milk or cream. They are healthier and lighter, like this cream of broccoli. Usually, I thicken my creams with potatoes, but this time I used oatmeal, and the result was fantastic. I recommend it.
This soup is very nutritious, and the nutmeg and chopped walnuts make it more delectable.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
- 2 kilos of broccoli, stems peeled and cut into chunks (4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 minced garlic if desired
- 1 cup of oatmeal old fashioned
- water (2 lt. approximately or 2 Quarts)
- salt, 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg, and pepper
- Wash, peel and chop the onion into large cubes, and chop the garlic.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, one tablespoon of vegetable oil, add the onion, and fry for 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and nutmeg and fry for 1 minute. Stir.
- Add the broccoli and oats, and cover with cold water: salt and pepper.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and cook covered for 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the broccoli is cooked.
- Use the hand blender to grind everything until creamy.
- Add more water or salt if necessary.
- Serve hot with natural yogurt and chopped walnuts.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Cream of broccoli soup, crema de brocoli