You may also be interested in the recipe: Cream of Mushroom Soup.Print
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into cubes
- 1 pound of asparagus, reserve 8 tips, the rest cut into pieces of 1 cm more or less
- 2 medium potatoes cut into slices or cubes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup of cream or milk
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: butter and lemon
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil, and sauté the onion, occasionally stirring for 5 minutes or until it is translucent.
- Add the asparagus and potatoes, stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the water or vegetable broth and let it boil. Lower the heat and let it cook over low heat, simmering gently for 20 minutes until the potatoes and asparagus are tender and cooked.
- While cooking, the asparagus tips in hot water (3 minutes) or the microwave, wrapped in a wet paper towel (1 minute)
- With the hand blender or the blender, process the soup until it is creamy. Add the cream or milk and a splash of lemon (to accentuate the flavors); you can also add a spoonful of butter.
- Serve with croutons or a dollop of Greek yogurt. And the tips of reserved asparagus.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Crema de Espárragos, Cream of Asparagus Soup