I’m buying vegetables grown in Houston, using Greenling,?and various root vegetables are in season: rutabaga, beets, onions, radishes, carrots, turnips. Roasting it is a very good method to cook vegetables that may be a little bitter and spicy, what stands out after roasting them are their natural sugars. These?Oven roasted vegetables were delicious.
Visit our collection of?Chilean recipes here.
Oven roasted vegetables
- 1-2 rutabagas
- 2-3 beets
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika, sweet or smoked paprika. I use a blend of traditional Ethiopian Berbere spices including sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, roasted garlic, salt, ginger, allspice, and cardamom.
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Peel and chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Place them in a bowl, add olive oil, salt, and spices, mix well.
- Place the seasoned vegetables in a baking sheet without overlap.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip and bake for 15 minutes.
- Test with a fork if they are cooked.
- Serve hot.
*?This post has an affiliate link, if you buy on Greenling I earn a discount*