Another classic way to eat beets in Chile is stuffed, usually with tuna or?corn and tomato with mayonnaise. My mom made them stuffed with chicken, usually leftover from?Sunday. Today, I made a slightly more elaborate version with dill and avocado, but you can use?what you have at home. It’s a great way to use some leftovers.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how in my grandmother’s house always had a salad?or soup to begin the meal, and then the main course. And as always the first course?was a salad. I grew up eating lots of vegetables that way.
Visit our collection of?Chilean recipes here.
- 4 beets
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 2-3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of dill, chopped fine
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- Cook the beets, I like to wrap them in foil and bake at 200C or 400F for 30-40 minutes. They are ready when you can easily pierce with a knife. Cool.
- In a bowl mix the corn, green onions, dill, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Peel the beets, if small cut in half. If large cut into slices 1 cm. more or less.
- Add the avocado to the corn mixture just before serving.
- Fill beets and serve.