I did my best for dinner with our American friends: crepes stuffed with spinach, the lucuma dessert, and this recipe for Chicken stuffed crepes for today. In 2 weeks, we will have more “gringos” guests; these are friends of my husband and foodies. I’m already planning the menu.
One of the things I want to do this year is to invite people to dinner at least once a month. It is work, but we always have a good time, and I feel you get to know people better that way, at least when compared to just going together to eat at a restaurant.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
- 3/4 (180 ml.) cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (110 grams) all-purpose flour
For the filling,
- 425 grams of cooked chicken breast or baked
- half the white sauce recipe
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- nutmeg, salt, and pepper
For the white sauce,
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water or milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- nutmeg and pepper
- Make the crepes: In the blender, place the milk, eggs, flour, sugar, and salt, and blend for a few seconds until everything is mixed. Add the melted butter and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before making the crepes, and beat with a whisk to mix for 30 seconds.
- Heat a nonstick pan about 23-25 cm in diameter over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/4 cup or 60 ml or half a ladle of batter into the pan, turn the pan so that the mixture coats the entire bottom, and cook 45-60 seconds until the edges begin to brown slightly, lifted with the help of a spatula to turn the crepe and cook another 45 seconds.
- Stack cooked crepes on a plate and keep them covered with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Make the white sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, and add the milk, water, salt, and cornstarch diluted in cold water.
- Cook over high heat, stirring until it boils. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Season with nutmeg, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Make the filling: Crumble or chop the chicken into small cubes, mix with half the white sauce and corn in a large bowl, stir well, and season to taste.
- Use three tablespoons of stuffing per crepe. Line them up in a dish that can go in the oven.
- Pour the remainder of the white sauce over the crepes and bake for 20 minutes at 300F or 150C.
- Serve hot.
Once cooked, crepes can be frozen, tightly wrapped in plastic, and then in foil for up to 2 months, thaw on the counter.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Poultry
- Method: Stove/Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Panqueques con pollo, Stuffed crepes with chicken