This recipe of Easy Brownies with cocoa powder was the first recipe my mother thought me. I used to bake it all the time for my BFFs. My schoolmates still associated my family and me with this brownies. So many happy memories. Miss you guys!
Maybe you want to check this other recipe: Dulce de Leche Brownies
Easy Brownies with Cocoa Powder
- 125 grams of salted butter (if using unsalted add a pinch of salt to the flour)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, unsweet
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional, but I like with)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Prepare a 20×20 cm square pan. Cover the base with foil. Let it overhang for easy removal.
- In a glass bowl put the cocoa powder and butter. Melt in the microwave on high, about 45 seconds. Mix with a fork, add sugar and vanilla, fully incorporate.
- Add an egg and mix until combined thoroughly, do the same with the 2nd egg. Add the flour and baking powder, stir to combine. At this moment you can add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, chopped nuts or my favorite raisins.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until still slightly damp to touch in the middle.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and cut into 16 large squares or 20 smaller rectangles.