This Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Apple Bundt Cake is perfect for Fall or to send as a snack with the kids.
I love buying second-hand things, and I try to go to all the Estates Sales in my neighborhood, it is usually people who have died and the family wants to liquidate their things. At first, I found it a bit detached and sad that the family would not want to keep things, but now I really like to go, and if I see some old cake pan I buy it immediately.
I bought this one last weekend, and it was clear that the owner of the house own her time must have been a great cook. I suppose she would be glad to know that I will now have one of her pans and it will continue to be used and loved.
Nordic Ware is an old US brand that still exists and is excellent, I recommend it.
This cake has no saturated fats; it has oats and apples, lots of fiber. It is very moist and with a well-balanced flavor.
For kids, muffins with chocolate chips are great snacks. It is very versatile.
You may also be interested in the recipe: Dulce de Leche Baked Apples.Print
Quick and delicious oatmeal apple cake.
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, or white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 of chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175C.
- In a large bowl, grate the apples.
- In another bowl mix oil with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, stir. Add the oatmeal and the apple. Incorporate well.
- Add the flour with the baking powder, mix well and finally add the nuts and raisins. Pour into a buttered and floured pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until it is well browned, and when you bury a stick, it comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, unmold and let cool completely before cutting.
- This cake keeps well for up to 5 days in an airtight container. It can be refrigerated or frozen.
Keywords: Oatmeal Apple Cake, Oatmeal Cake